Full Job Description
Hardin-Kight Associates, Inc. (HKA) is a top-level Geotechnical Engineering firm that has been doing business in the mid-Atlantic area for over 40 years. HKA's offices in Glen Burnie and Bishopville, Maryland are currently seeking to hire staff to senior-level Geotechnical Engineers. As a Geotechnical Engineer at HKA, you will work with experienced staff from our geotechnical engineering, construction testing and inspections, and laboratory testing departments. For staff engineer, minimum experience level must include field work related to construction materials observation and testing, as well as experience with soil classification, in accordance with the Unified Soil Classification System. Candidates for higher level engineering positions should have a variety of experience.
Qualified candidates should have, and staff level engineers will be responsible to learn, the following:
- Planning and supervising subsurface investigations (test borings, DMT/CPT testing, test pits, and hand-auger probes).
- Reviewing investigation results, preparing logs, and setting up lab testing.
- Analysis of investigation results to estimate bearing capacity, slab subgrade modulus, seismic design category, settlement quantities (total and differential), and lateral earth pressures.
- Pavement design and recommendations, including subgrade improvement through chemical treatment.
- Performance of slope stability analyses, with recommendations.
- Providing recommendations for ground improvement (when necessary).
- Analysis and design of earth retention systems, such as modular block retaining walls, reinforced earth slopes, excavation support, and soil nail walls, among others.
- Preparation of geotechnical reports (including SWM reports).
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- BS Degree in civil engineering.
- Staff Engineer: EIT preparing to take the PE exam.
- PE preferred for senior level engineering positions.
- Quality writing skills.
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers, contractors, and clients.
- Experience with basic computer programs (Word, Excel, CAD, etc.), and familiarity with more specialized geotechnical software (GeoSystems, GSTABL, retaining wall design software, etc.).
- Driver’s License, and acceptable transportation.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package. Details provided upon request.
Please contact us ASAP for a chance to work and learn with our experienced and knowledgeable team!
Geotechnical Field Inspector Technician (Bishopville, MD)
For soils compaction testing, foundation inspection, concrete testing and reinforcement inspection. Soil testing includes use of nuclear density gauge, sand cone, and classification of soils. Must have reliable transportation (light truck preferred) in order to access work sites on the Eastern Shore Maryland/Delaware area. Salary commensurate with experience ($13-$16/hr) Health Insurance, 401k, transportation allowance provided. Will train the right individual.
Geotechnical Field Inspector Technician (Glen Burnie, MD)
Experienced in soils compaction, foundation inspection, concrete testing and reinforcement inspection. Soil testing includes knowledge of nuclear gauge, sand cone, and classification of soils. Must have reliable transportation (light truck preferred) in order to access work sites in the Baltimore/Washington area. Salary commensurate with experience ($17-$22/hr) Health Insurance, 401k, transportation allowance provided. Immediate opening available. Will train the right individual.